Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long & Tired Day

It's 10 something pm now and I'm still in the office. Actually I went back at 6pm sharp to run an errand for my dad. After that, went back bath and had dinner then rush back to office to finish up the ANZ request and also to clear some of my requests. Leslie, my colleague was on leave today and my senior's daughter was admitted to the hospital for HFM illness. So both of the 2 strongest pillar wasn't in the office today, leaving poor me to support the mailbox. Yes me alone. My boss came in early in the morning asking me to fully concentrate on the mailbox alone. Funny thing is, I'm fully working on the mailbox since day 1. So it feels really weird to hear him say, "I want you to fully concentrate on the mailbox today!". Does he means I have to pay full attention to the mailbox and not do other things like sufing, looking at the photography websites and also blogging? As if I have the luxury to do that everyday. Anyway, it's has been a long, long day. I'm almost at the end of the day but my request is still standing tall like penang hill. I don't know how I'm ever going to clear that. Frankly speaking, I have been very bias in terms of working out the request. Due to ANZ is time zone is early by 2 hours, I have to put more attention to it compare to other regions and this is not fair. A lot of the ISR has actually complain bout this to me, but what I can do? The ANZ folks are really very hard to please and they are the escalation king and queen. Once you don't live up to their expectations they'll scream, yell and shoot the email to the top. So the other region will have to bear the consequences and got delay. I'm so so sorry guys. I really hope that I would have enough hands to finish all, but too bad I only have 1 pair. And i trully believe is more than enough =)

Even lunch was quite a quick one today. Surprisingly, the rest of them was even faster than me.. scary.. how can they go out and come back in such a short time? Probably this is because they eat real fast... oh no.. that's not good. In the 9 hours you are in the office, you only have 1 hour to really rest your mind before you start to fight again. How can you shorten your lunch to give way for more working hours? Ridiculous... At times, even if my lunch was a quick one, I would never start work immediately.. I'll would rather get some power nap to increase productivity. Salute to the rest of the team for such good job done! :p
I met him again during lunch time... So so happy...

No comments: