Monday, September 1, 2008

Replacement holiday - 1 Sept 2008

Have to work today although it's replacement holiday for Independence day. Reason being I have to support India and the rest of the country that is not observing public holiday. Today had lunch with the whole team except Khee Seong. Khee Seong went back to his mother's place for koay teow th'ng in jelutong. I drove them out for lunch. Andrew suggested e-gate, no one oblige so we head there. When we reached, we're still undecide of where to eat. Leslie suggested hongkie, rachel suggested oldtown. Aun nee, andrew and me no comment. In the end we headed to oldtown. We passed Miss Saigon as we walked to oldtown. I personally haven't tried vietnam food. So I asked them if they are ok. They do offer set lunch, so we settle down for Miss Saigon. I ordered the Shredded chicken in basil sauce. Waiting eagerly, I was so excited when my food finally come. The first scoup, I tried the fried rice and I was really disappointed. The fried rice has very rich garlic smells that really puts me off. I do take garlic but it's too strong. It also come with a lot of vege - something like kerabu. So I decided to mix everything like eating rojak. The garlic smell is still very strong, so aun nee suggested to get chilli paste from the waitress and mix with the rice. It indeed helps and the garlic is not so strong after mixing. The set lunch came with a drink, your choice of vietnamese coffee or lemongrass tea. I was a little skeptical when the rest suggested to try the lemongrass tea. I don't think I'll be able to accept drinking lemongrass. Hence I ordered the coffee instead. Andrew had the beef noodle while aun nee had the chicken one. Rachel tried the bamboo beef rice and leslie had la lot - chicken skewer wrapped with some vietnamese herbs. I don't think everyone is satisfied with their choice. They felt that the meal is not worth the price they are paying. I personally feels that way too. So it's going to be the first and the last time there. he was there with his gf and family, not sure who's family but looks like it's the girl's. Fate really brings people together. I choosed to go ms saigon and it's fated to meet him there. am not sure wat's the reason behind this arrangement by the man up there, but it's kinda funny as it's feelingless.. lolxx...
Oh yea, yesterday went to gurney and scout around the camera fair. They were doing some promotion on D60 - RM2000 with 2gb, tripod and slr bag. I wasn't very happy about the price as I believe I can get cheaper. After talking to the sales person, of course he uses many strategic way to lure me to buying but i'm not giving in. I decided to go down to photo president and asked my god-uncle's friend. He can give a better price at RM 2080 with 4gb, 1 extra orginal battery and slr bag. The deal looks good, but the condition is to pay by cash. This kinda turn me off. I'm not sure why but I guess I'm not willing to pay so much for this baby. lolxx.. Anyway I'm not in a hurry to get one yet... so scout around lo.. Am sure I'll be able to find one at a better price.. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not having a holiday on the day itself was like a norm to me oledi....he...he...he...
Hmmm.. Miss Saigon. Cheap or expensive?? I wanted to try it long time ago.At last you tried. Not very nice or should I said delicious... Well their taste bud got some problemlah.... ha..ha..ha..ha..

lynniezz said...

Yo HUN,

Do sound so low.. yea, it's kinda a norm to me too eversince i join this company. lolx...

Rgding Ms Saigon, my advice is donot try..lolxx :D
The food is not worth the money you are paying. Also I can't really accept their taste, yup you are right, their have strange taste bud.

Unknown said...

Oyi, ya slow.... Miss saigon I will not go and try itlah! Wasting of money!