Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Confused... & Disappointed

I was very unhappy yesterday. I have an escalation from India, from the noisiest, most troublesome ISDM. I have provided wrong costing and and they have made a big fuss over it. The whole thing can be solve if she would only listen to me. But she choose to bring the whole issue to my boss. Obviously my boss will be on her side whenever she screams and yell. Yea, he's not the type where he can protect his own people. Instead he'll actually help the sales by lecturing us in the email right in front of the sales folks. Saying very hurtful word as if you are a worthless slaves, yes slaves not soldiers. He has been creating space for Sales to actually step on top of him. That is why the escalation keeps flowing to his mailbox. I believe he thinks people actually trust him? I don't think so. It's because you're on the top that's why they come looking for you because you have already make them feel so comfortable by looking for you. Coming back to yesterday's escalation, he didn't help me out instead blame me and doesn't even bother to go through what I want to do to solve this. I waited for my senior to come back, and told him the whole story. He not only helped me out but also reply to that biatch. She stood firm and insist that we should do according to what we have committed. That's not a big problem, as we can solve it by our end by getting approval. But before we do that, my seniors shoot them some questions that need Sales to answer in order for a smooth approval process.
1) Why the first few same requests has been done but no download. - why are they keep requesting things that they know their customer will not buy? - is this how they manage their customers and work? - come on... sales.. kononNya!
2)What is the quantity and the probability of getting the order in.

A day has passed, this has been at least 6 business hours. Urgent?? Do you need to take that long to reply? I did admit that this is my mistake. I shouldn't have trust them and be on their side them by trying to expedite the whole process. I should have followed the procedures and let them wait. After the whole thing, Boss came to question and lecture again. Saying "Don't open your doors for them to shoot you". You are not better off than me either. Have you also not open your gate for them to step into your teritory and head? He said he wants to escalate extended teams, but he goes there with 2 combs of banana. Other teams can use data to escalate us back. 2 teams have already treated us this way. Other's manager can protect their own staff as he knows his staff's capabilities and how tie-d up they are. What can my boss do for our team? Lecture, lecture and lecture that you are not able to manage your work, you are not efficient enough, you are only doing operator work. Just for your info, he reffered me as an operator before. This is how he appreciates his subordinate.

The india sales folds has always been like this, whenever they make mistake, they don't CC your boss and you HAVE TO help them to clear the problem. They can tell you this when the actually need your help to cover their mistake:

Need your urgent support. The ITC skus below, we want to revise the same and turn it on in smarts for 5 months. The pricing remaining the same. Sorry for all the trouble as this was my mistake and requesting for 3 months, as last time for the same price we had supported for 5 months. Hey, this is very critical and appreciate if you can support on the same, as I am expecting the p.o. today second half. Thanks.

Please show respect for others, if you want others to do the same unto you. Sometimes, I just don't understand them. They can scold and give you turnado when they are very mad and when they need you to do them a favour they can just rip off their face and beg you to help them. Or some, can also be very rude and force you to do things for them ASAP. Oh yeah, they also like to send email using capital letters, bolded and in red colour. They are not treating others like human, why should we treat them like one too?
I'm sorry if you feel i'm rude sometimes, but if it's wasn't you that teach me, I won't treat you like this as well.

But god has been good to me. I had a very nice dream last night following the bad day at work. I'm just hoping that the dream will come true.... **finger cross**




3 comments:

Walk the Walk said...

Now the last paragraph...realy got me thinking wat is the dream tat u made...don tink it's Baskin @ CityBayview, rite...

lynniezz said...

no of course... Hahaa.. that one i can control and will only come true when you are back... This dream is really out of MY control, it depends on destiny.. lolxxx.. Oyi not telling Gnn what is it... hehehe

Joze Foo said...

Hi, May Li...Siew Lee dropping by here