My grandma hasn't been very well this few months. She used to be the strongest in our family, not until a few months ago she was hospitalized for flue, asthma, gastric and fever. All of us thought that it's just minor bug that has attacked her and that she'll recover real soon. My grandma is a humerous person. She always positive and makes everyone laughs. Even when she's not feeling well, she assured us that she doing well and keep telling jokes. After a few days in the hospital, she recovered and came back home. Everyone thought it's end of nightmare, but actually that's when our nightmare started. She become weaker and weaker by day. She can't sit up for long, and will shake like a building encountering earthquake; shaking from right to left. It just tore our hearts seeing her in this condition. Then one day, my aunty called and told us grandma is sick again. So we fetch her from my aunty's house to my house so that mom can take care of her full time. Again, she is becoming weaker and weaker and starting to lose her memory. Sometimes she is ok, but sometimes she's like blur blur. She can't walk herself to the washroom anymore. At times, she doesn't have the strenght to even lie down.
When i came back today, mom broke a bad news. They are sending grandma to the old folks home because no one can take care of grandma 24 hours. Mom is staying up all night to attend to grandma. I can see that she is tired. I'm very sad to hear the news. When mom told me this news, I just can't help myself from crying.
It hurts even more when grandma told me she doesn't want to go there but she keeps telling herself that she'll have lots of friends there. My tears just rolled down uncontrollably when grandma told me that I have to visit her more often so that she get to see us more. I can't bear to send her to the old folks home. Mom said the home is very clean and that grandma will get better care over there. I could feel, grandma prefer to stay with us without proper care than to be in the old folks home. I doesn't qualify to voice up because all my uncles and auntys have agreed to send grandma there. Unless I can take of grandma then she won't have to be sent there. This news has pierced so deep in my heart that I still can't sleep till now. It's already 2am.
We only have 1 week before we send her to the home. I hope to spend quality time with her as much as I can.
Heritage walkabouts
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment