Every year my company will spend some budget to hire a third party company to come out with survey questions(usually the same questions) to gather feedback from employees and analyze the feedback.
Every organization/department will thrive their best to fulfill the criteria before the feedback session. This doesn't exempt the organization that I'm currently attached. Unfortunately this year's result wasn't very good. Should be around 65% only. And as usual, the best is to be above 80% like most of our CE. So with so much difference compare to last year, which I think was like near 80% maybe 1 or 2% lower. Our management decided to have a brainstorming sessions to look at how we can improve within our space. I was chosen to represent my team, to voice out how & what we feel. There was 2 sessions to discuss about this. The first session was really fun bcoz you can see that alot really vent out their anger, feelings. What I want to stress is that, by the end of the 2nd session, we asked when will we likely see the changes/improvement from management. And the answer we got was "I can't gurantee anything. I'll voice out to the management and they will look at it". Isn't this just a waste of time to sit and voice out but in the end nothing happens?? I really got nothing to say. Don't bother to ask if you don't intend to do something.
What impress me was that one manager agrees that they are not value-ing their employees and my manager gave all reasons and hr process to convince us that the management is doing the right thing by mot promoting their existing staff and rather hire a B2 from outside.
Guess this is what we call politics!!! Anyway won't be long here, as I don't see consistency in promotions. If your boss like you, then you'll be promoted la!!! Haha.. No need hard work, just need networking and some luck to get your manager to like you!!!
Penang Museum reopening
1 day ago



No comments:
Post a Comment